Thursday, December 15, 2011

Today is a difficult day as it marks the second anniversary of losing my dear Grandmother who was a best friend and role model to me. We were very close and we lost her unexpectantly which has been very painful for all of us. Although I immediatly struggled with how to live my life without someone who meant the world to me...I have learned that my life must go on and I have to push past the pain to honour her life. She was a woman who loved her family with all of her heart and gave us so many beautiful memories and taught us to love with every part of our being. For this I will always be grateful. I am pained that my children will not know the love that she had down to her very soul however I will do my very best to keep her memory alive and do her justice by passing this love forward. There are still many moments when the pain hits as I reach or the phone only to be hit with the harsh reminder that there is no where I can call to reach her. I struggle with joyful moments when she would have been by my side as she always was. I am so luckily to have been raised by three parents and to have these wonderful happy childhood memories created by my grandmother and parents. There will always be a piece of me that is missing as I am sure she took it with her when she was called home. I will also forever thank her for the amazing impact she had on my remarkable son in the short but wonderful amount of time they had together and the amazing gift of my daughter who I truly believe was a gift from above during such a difficult time.. I know that we will be together again one sweet day and until then I will cherish the signs all around us that remind me that she is constantly by my side

No comments:

Post a Comment