Saturday, December 1, 2012

The season of giving

December 1st...The day we begin our annual "Acts of kindness" advent calendar. We started it off with a great one: "donate food to Romaro house". We put together a bag of groceries and dropped them off. Kaiden delivered them himself:
I am so excited to watch my children take part in this tradition once again. My heart expands in so many ways watching them give back. There is nothing more important than teaching our children to give selflessly to others. Too often we are caught up in the commercial hype that surrounds this holiday so we try to take a moment to step back and appreciate the true meaning of Christmas. I hope to plant these values in my children as my parents and my husband's parents did for us. Take a moment to slow down and help out others even in a small way. I promise your heart will smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment