Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Party we did!

Another year, another anniversary of the day our beautiful girl graced us with her presence. I dreamt since I was a little girl about having children of my own.  The day I became a mom was truly a lifelong dream come true. My daughter joined our family and made us complete. Every day I wonder how I got to be so lucky. I love planning a celebration; especially one that celebrates my children. I have been working on Avarie's party for a few weeks and we got to have a wonderful gathering over the weekend for our girl. Kaiden was such a big help; he is so kind and considerate and makes me so very proud. There is nothing like having children who share in each other's excitement as much as their own. We made a balloon curtain for Avarie's door on the morning of her birthday. Kaiden was so excited for her, it was so very sweet.

He was also very excited to help me cut Minnie mouse shapes and decorate for her party. I love that they love each other so much. It is a reflection of the love they see and feel in our home and makes me so happy to see it through their eyes.
This year I decided to try my hand at taking Avarie's birthday pictures, here is a link to the ones that made the final cut.
Avarie's big bash on Sunday was a great success, the snow held off and we were joined by some wonderful friends and family. Here are some photos of our fun:
The Welcome sign:
 
Minnie ear pigtail clips for the girls
Mickey masks for the boys:
Cupcakes
The Cake:


The Beautiful birthday girl!


It was a great day and she was so happy which warms this momma's heart!

In other news..Miss A has been rocking potty training! In two weeks she has trained herself! She is wearing underwear all of the time except bedtime (as a precaution since she has been dry the past two nights!) She goes on her own and lets us know if she has to "pee" or "poop". She has a sticker chart and LOVES to choose a sticker after she goes and places it on her chart. We are so very proud of her! Big brother Kaiden has been great at encouraging her and cheering her on!

Kaiden started the "Mad Science" program at school and LOVES it! It is a "spy" program where children learn about solving mysteries. Kaiden counts down the days until it runs again and tells us all about it when we pick him up.

We are all very much looking forward to spring and Kaiden cannot wait until Easter, not unlike his mother he loves a change in season as well as holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment