Monday, July 25, 2011

Crafts and Online shopping for the kiddies

My SIL kindly bought Kaiden a wonderful birthday gift consisting of a large bucket full of craft supples! It had enough to do just about any kind of craft! So we have been spending our rainy days painting, colouring, gluing etc. Also in response to Kaiden's struggle with independence and jealousy after Avarie's arrival, we did up a sticker chart last week. In an attempt to teach Kaiden about positive reinforcement and rewarding/consequencing we thought this chart might help. Together each night we pull his chart off the fridge and place stickers according to the behaviours/chores he completed that day. So far he is doing wonderful! His reward for 30/35 stickers at the end of the week is to choose a fun activitiy for the family to do together ex: visit a playground, get an icecream etc. I will keep posting about his progress!
Lately I have been doing a fair amount of online shopping, I will admit! I recently purchased a few books for Kaiden from the Berenstain Bears collection which I loved as a child. The stories relate to some of Kaiden's current challenges/fears. For example we recently purchased "bad dreams" and "too much junk food" We are hoping to explain to Kaiden the importance of healthy eating and fewer "treats". I also purchased This which looks like fun and is great to throw in the purse for restaurants, appointments etc.
For Avarie I have been doing a bit of online shopping as well. My last purchases for her were this as well as these  Looking forward to the mail for the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment