Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Warning-Breastfeeding post

Avarie has been exclusivly breastfed since birth and it has been a wonderful experience for both of us :) I cannot express how amazing the experience has been. I purchased a breastpump and began pumping in order to maintain my milk supply as well as have milk on hand for the occasions where we need to give a bottle of expressed milk. She doesn't get a bottle often as we both enjoy nursing and she is a bit of a mamma's girl so has only been away from me a few times and not for long. I will say though we are lucky as she takes a bottle like a pro as well. Anyway the point of this post was to talk about my pump which is a first years pump. I love it and found it to be much more comfortable than my old pump that I had with my son. I purchased it at walmart and unfortunatly the pump stopped working twice. (I use it every single day) I have returned it both times (second time they gave me a hard time but did return it). This time I purchased the double pump as I am pumping both sides every day so maybe this one will last longer! I am very fortunate to have a freezer full of expressed milk and am very proud of how much I have been able to save. Avarie will be starting solids in August when she reaches six months so I have lots of milk in order to mix into her cereal etc.

3 comments: