Saturday, July 7, 2012

6 years later...

Tomorrow marks our 6th wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe it was that long ago; however at the same time so much has happened in 6 short years! Our wedding day was one of my happiest memories and will forever bring a smile to my face when reflecting over the emotions experienced July 8th, 2006. I felt as though my heart would burst and I couldn't stop the tears of joy. We were touched in so many ways by loved ones and thought it was a magical start to the rest of our lives together. There was excitement and anticipation of the start of something amazing. I couldn't wait to become Mrs. Downey and to share of love with those closest to us. Marriage is something that was and is very important to me. It is something that I looked forward to as many little girls do; and it was a day that lived up to my expectations. I remember soaking in moments and saying to my new husband.."we have to remember this very moment as it is". It went so quickly but is forever a day we reflect on with love and pride. Although marriage has it's difficult days and sometimes you have to work at it, it has been an incredable journey for us. Becoming parents tends to take your full time and attention however it is important to remember that you loved each other first and those beautiful children are "all because two people fell in love". I could not imagine sharing my life with anyone else and look forward to many more years of sharing ups and downs but remaining together through it all. So happy Anniversary to my wonderful bestfriend and husband; thank you for being my love, my friend and my rock.
 Here are some photos in memory of our special day:
(photos by Jeff Scott A Wedding Photo)







No comments:

Post a Comment