Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A new nephew!

We are thrilled to welcome another nephew today! Cameron Geoffrey  was born at 5:30pm weighing in at 8lbs, 3.5 ounces and he sure is cute! Congratulations to Erica, Kevin and big sister Layla!


We had secretly been working on a gift for big sis that I will post now that Layla has received it :) I got the idea from......you guessed it, PINTEREST! It is a "big sibling" kit which you fill with activities for the big sibling to do at the hospital to entertain them while mom and dad are busy with the new baby. I would have preferred a bag without any design on it but it was tough to find the right material without a print so I used one bought at Ardenes. I bought iron-on adhesive from fabricville and some purple fabric from there as well. I cut out "big sister kit" on the purple fabric, ironed the adhesive on and then ironed the wording onto the bag. We then took the kids out and let them big out items for their cousin to put in the bag. They picked several books and crayons. I would have made her a t-shirt but ran short on time so found a local crafty mom who owns a t-shirt design shop. She was so excellent and efficient and sent me multiple designs to choose from and had it made and delivered for the following day! Check out her shop on facebook "Angie's Special T's". She custom makes just about anything you might want! Here is the final product:


No comments:

Post a Comment