Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Joys of January

I used to find that after Christmas it was easy to slip into the "four more months of winter" funk and feel let down after the hype of the holiday excitement. This year I decided we are not going to do that..instead I am going to soak up every second I have left of my maternity leave and really adapt the "life is what you make of it" attitude. So we have been having jammy days and playing various games that Kaiden comes up with as well as taking on some fun art projects.

This game was "superhero butterfly"...Kaiden insisted that Avarie play and wear wings as well. In our house we are determined not to have gender specific toys..anything is game :)
Another project we took on was mixing colours to find out which colours would blend to make another..we then put our rainbow creation into the freezer and then that night brought the cubes into the tub to watch them melt and change the tub water


This month also marks the anniversary of the day Geoff asked me to be his girlfriend. 12 Years ago our lives changed in ways we had no idea! Who knew we were soul mates and would spend out lives together and bring two beautiful children into this world. Geoff is my rock and my bestfriend and it has been an amazing journey that I cannot wait to continue for many years to come!
First professional photo together August 2000..ha ha we have changed a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment