Friday, August 10, 2012

Crazy for crafting!

I love to make things hence my obsession with pinterest. I decided I wanted to make Erica and Mark something personal for their wedding gift. I saw a pin a few months ago and just new I would try it for a special wedding. I bought clear Christmas bulbs at Michaels and cut Erica and Mark's wedding invitations into long strips. I then curled the strips using a pencil and stuffed them into the bulbs. I tied ribbon around the top of the ornament to serve as a hook. Here is a photo of the finished product:


I picked up a picture frame to give them as I think it is always a great thing for a newly wed couple as they will have lots of pics to fill it! I decided to add something to it so printed out some letters to spell out EST (established) and 08/04/2012 which was their wedding date. I left the top of the frame empty so they can fill it with wedding photos. Here is the final product:

This week Kaiden and I decided we would take the chore chart one stop further and make it a bit more user friendly. We are going to make a trip to the dollar store to get a better board to house the chores but for now our fridge will do the trick. We used clip art for the images and printed each one out. We then used a laminating kit to laminate each chore. We had leftover velcro stips from making a cape so used that to make them easy to move around the "to do" and "done" pages. For each chore Kaiden completes he will receive a nickel. If he compeletes all of his chores each day he will receive 3.50 each week towards whatever he might want to buy. We will also make a trip out to allow him to choose a new piggy bank to keep track of his savings. We are hoping he will learn a bit more about managing his change and addition and responsibility. He is so excited and has been very enthusiastic about completing his chores! Here is a photo of our temporary chore chart:



2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful idea! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, they're all wonderful ideas! Love them all, but I was referencing the chart ;)

      I will probably steal all the ideas though!

      Delete