Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One week....

Well..we are down to one week before Kindergarten. I realize that I have written multiple posts about this but in all fairness it is a big deal. We have started picking up lunch supplies and laminating lunchbox notes and starting to get on an early bedtime schedule. So many firsts to come for us and our little man. I came across this poem on facebook yesterday and...full confession..I have not read it without crying since:

A Mother's 1st day of school prayer:

I wonder what you're doing now,
and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
A nice friend that you can find

I wonder if the teacher knows,
just how special you are to me,
And if the brightness of your hear
Is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug
I already miss the sound of your voice
and how you give my leg a tug

I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow
On this day know that my heart breaks
For this is the first step in letting you go

"Sob"...this sums up the emotions I am juggling and makes my heart ache. How do we learn to let our hearts walk around outside without our hands strongly grasping theirs? I know that we are not the first and will not be the last but wow this is hard. I already miss him and he hasn't even begun. I am so thankful I had so long with my boy and hope that we have given him a great foundation to begin this next journey in his life.

Okay I am going to wipe the tears away and stop sobbing (until next week as I am not going to pretend there will not be tears). Today we went to the airshow and the kids had a great time! We are enjoying vacation and hope to head to the Aquarium as well as the Exhibition this week. That's all for now folks...I will add more vacation shots over the next few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment